- Start It Scale It, 2018-2020
Start-up business expert helping founders to start and scale their businesses.
- Smarter Surfaces, 2013-2018
I was invited to join a B2B high potential start-up (HPSU) at incubator stage, pre-funding. Within 12 months, we won “Start Up of the Year” and “Emerging Exporter of the Year”.
The company is now 98% export led, operates ecommerce sites in 5 languages and has channel partners on every continent.
- Marketing on Demand Ltd, 2001-2013
Advised, trained and mentored founders of over 1000 high potential start-ups (HPSUs) on their go-to-market strategies.
Trainer on start-up programmes / incubators: Hothouse, New Frontiers, LINC, SEEPP, Synergy, Genesis, MediaCube, NovaUCD, Enterprise Start, Hi-Start. Other : Enterprise Centre Managers, Mediation Institute of Ireland, FIEW Women in Business.
Mentor : Enterprise Ireland, Enterprise Ireland’s International Sales programme
Lecturer : part-time lecturer at third level on “Market Research” for a degree course
Speaker : Google, County Enterprise Boards,
- Marketing Communications Manager, Dell UK and Ireland, 1998-2001
Managed Dell UK and Ireland’s first ever Marketing Communications team for Businesses and Consumers. Delivered consistently on 30% quarter on quarter lead generation targets with an annual budget of €30m
- European Marketing Manager, Hitachi Koki, 1996-1998
Supported five European sales offices with 2000 distributors. Launched inkjet range throughout Europe. Included a secondment in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Marketing Communications Executive, Nortel EMEA,1993-96
Joined the marketing communications team in Nortel’s french joint venture partner, Nortel Matra Cellular, to launch GSM into Europe and Asia
- Global Strategic Planning, Nortel EMEA, 1990-93
Selected for Nortel’s annual graduate trainee programme where I joined its Global Strategic Planning department whose remit was to identify global partnership and product opportunities.
- Certificate in Adult and Continuing Education, National University of Ireland, 2003-04
- MBA, Dublin City University, 1998-2000
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management, Henley School of Business, 1991-93
- Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS) Hons, Dublin City University, 1986-90